The play-to-earn NFT game Axie Infinity was created by Sky Mavis, a Vietnamese game studio. In recent months, it has become a worldwide phenomenon. Players must use Ethereum to buy Axies in this game, but they may also earn real money by turning in-game currency into cash, breeding additional Axies, or selling them.
This indicates that even though admittance is expensive, you will still receive a refund. Indeed, it seems like a swindle. But after doing a lot of study, I gave in and bought a cheap squad to try it out. It even makes news
20 Play-to-Earn NFT Games
Want to make money playing games? Games using non-fungible tokens allow you to earn bitcoins,… Learn more.
Play to earn (But you have to pay first before playing)
You’ll need a team before you can start the game.
Three Axies make up a squad. An Axie may currently be purchased on average for about 0.15 Ethereum, or about $350.
Also, if you’re fortunate, you may assemble a full team for less than $1000. Again, I’m aware that it seems shady. After reading extensively for three weeks, I just just now understood that play-to-earn gaming models are for genuine.
First of all, there is a faux play-to-earn game paradigm that has existed for some time. In massively multiplayer online role-playing games (or MMORPGs) like World of Warcraft, players gathered rare things and sold them to the highest bidder for cash.
Some even sell high level accounts for hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars in other games.
How Axie Infinity Works
Imagine that, but this time the currency is in-game currency and virtual pets.
Player Versus Environment (PVE) and Player Versus Player are the two game types available at the moment (PVP). Players in PVE must thwart creatures on each of the up to 36 stages. They will receive Smooth Love Potion and experience for their Axies at the end of each stage.
The “gold coins” in the game are Smooth Love Potion or SLP. SLP can be converted into actual cash through cryptocurrency trading sites like Binance.
The PVP game mode matches two actual players against one another. SLP is awarded to the victor.
You can gain an additional 50 SLP on a daily quest that resets. By winning five times in PVP and ten times in PVE, you can earn this free SLP. You can gain a maximum of 100 SLP per day in PVE. In other words, you can earn at least 150 SLP per day in reality.
Really, the game is enjoyable. Because you can make money from it, it’s even more enjoyable.
What Can You Get Out of Axie Infinity?
This is roughly how the game functions right now, however the devs are planning Weekly Quests and Special Events for upcoming expansion. Plans also exist for certain things.
The quick response is money. As was already said, you can earn at least 150 SLP daily. At the time of writing, 150 SLP costs about $40. It is $1200 per month or 4500 SLP.
Manager and Scholars
Unbelievable as it may seem, there are companies out there that invest hundreds of thousands of dollars each month in developing their staff while still turning a profit. Assuming everything goes smoothly, the typical return on investment for each team is two to three months.
- Manager refers to the owner of the teams. Someone who invests their money to buy Axies.
- Scholar they are the players who get paid to play the game on behalf of the Manager.
These are some crucial terms you should be familiar with:
Managers and Academics typically divide the spoils 60-40 or 65-35, with the benefit going to the scholar. Calculate how long it will take you to recover your investment and start producing money.
Did I mention It s in The News?
- Nikkei Southeast Asians jumping on NFT bandwagon to boost incomes.
- Yahoo Finance Axie Infinity Gamers Spent $6.7M on NFTs Over Past Week this is as of May 2021. The numbers have exponentially grown since.
- Inquirer (leading news source in Philippines) Axie Infinity the NFT game that s sweeping the Philippines.
Because $720 (60%) is a significant sum of money in many Southeast Asian nations, managers frequently scour the region for students or unemployed individuals. even enough to last a month and provide for a household of three or four.
So, What is a Good Axie?
These are only a handful of the countless examples. And every day, more people are paying notice. It has already shown on television news multiple times in the Philippines. What the heck is that?
Every Pokemon has a unique set of talents, and even the same Pokemon can have several different skills, if you’ve ever played Pokemon. Also, each type of Pokemon has advantages and disadvantages. The same is true of Axie Infinity.
- Speed determines the order of who gets to attack first.
- Health determines the health of your Axie.
- Skill determines how much bonus damage is added to your skills.
- Morale increases the chances of critical hits and last stands.
- Last stand means when your Axie dies in battle, there s a chance that they will still hold on to dear life and fight for a couple more rounds before finally saying goodbye.
There are 5 primary stats in the game:
- Tanker this position will receive most damage to protect other team members. They should have high Health (or HP) and have good skills geared towards healing or defense.
- Damager the main damage dealer of the group. Typically, their HP and other stats will be just normal, but their skills are inclined towards dealing the most damage.
- Support provides support to the team. Like a healer, or skills that give buffs to team members (like granting them additional attack power, speed, or health). And the inverse is also true, as a debuffer they can slow down the enemy, poison them, and the like.
There are three positions in the game that you need to fill:
However, the present Player Versus Player (PVP) gameplay primarily consists of 1 Tanker and 2 Damagers. Moreover, it resembles the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. One triumphs over the other. Consider card games like Yu-Gi-Oh! as well; they are somewhat comparable.
How to Get Started (+ A Word of Caution)
However, do sufficient study on YouTube before diving in and purchasing one. There are numerous YouTubers who offer free advice on the best axe to purchase. There is a really supportive community there.
Before you begin, you will need two browser add-ons (link goes to the comprehensive official guide). MetaMask and Ronin (Ronin for Chrome and Ronin for Firefox) are required.
You can create an account in the Axie Marketplace with the help of these two, and you’ll also need them to log in so that you can buy, trade, and give away Axies as well as claim SLP and send it to an external account for conversion to USD (or other fiat currency).
However, a lot of criminal elements are trying their best to hack accounts, Axies, SLP, and Ethereum from unwary users as a result of the popularity of the game.
Hence, avoid installing MetaMask and Ronin using Google search if you plan to register an account. Since many people have been making phoney Metamask and Ronin, nothing will appear in your genuine account after your transaction has been processed.
There is no official Ronin mobile app as of July 2021. Be careful because there are many bogus addons and plugins. Moreover, Ronin is a fake whether you see it in the Play Market or App Store. There are iOS and Android apps for MetaMask. These links are original mine from the Axie marketplace.