You may use the amazing Android operating system in a variety of ways. You can connect your PC to an Android device, attach PC hardware to an Android device, access your PC remotely from another device, or remotely access your Mac.
This article discusses some remote control apps that enable you to safely access and manage your desktop, mobile device, or server from a distance. These programmes are useful in a variety of circumstances where you can’t access your machine personally.
Simply establish RDP or VNC on your machine, install, and configure suitable programmes on your computer and Android device to complete the operation. The setup system can then be safely accessed from anywhere in the world, such as from the comfort of your couch or the Indian desert.
In this article, we’ll look at five of the finest Android apps for remote PC access and management from virtually anywhere with an Internet connection.
TeamViewer is the product you need if you’re seeking for a complete remote control solution. Amazingly quick and secure access to desktops and mobile devices is provided.
The programme enables you or your team to remotely access any system, offer online customer support, and manage unattended desktops or servers across several platforms.
In comparison to the other options on our list, TeamViewer is without a doubt the easiest and most feature-rich remote control tool. It is the ideal option if you’re searching for a multi-platform solution because it supports more devices than any other solution.
TeamViewer has a lot of appealing features, including:
- Connect to all major desktop and mobile platforms including Windows, macOS, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry OS.
- Supports screen sharing as well as complete control of remote devices.
- Single window console to manage contacts, devices, sessions and more.
- Offers chat and VoIP features for making calls, conferences and meetings.
- Record the remote sessions including screen, audio & video and VoIP.
- Shared clipboard allows copying and pasting text, images and files easily.
- Transfer files with speed up to 200 MB/s across any two remote devices.
- Supports controlled access via trusted devices as well as white and blacklists.
- Secures the remote connection with powerful 256-bit AES to encrypt sessions and 2048-bit RSA for key exchange along with optional two-factor authentication.
- Free for personal use but doesn t include various advanced features.
- Offers online help videos and support documents including how-to tutorials.
There are some areas where TeamViewer falls short, such as:
- Doesn t connect to systems running open-source VNC or third-party VNC software like TightVNC, UltraVNC, etc.
- It s a proprietary software that comes for premium price for business users.
2. VNC Viewer
With the help of the RealVNC remote control tool, you may instantly access your computers or servers from anywhere using a mobile device. RealVNC is the company that invented VNC.
Without the need for network configuration, VNC Viewer creates safe, smooth, and dependable cloud connections to VNC or VNC Connect compatible machines.
The sole choice on this list if you’re looking for a free and open source solution is VNC Viewer. Unlike to previous solutions, the programme can connect to machines running open-source VNC even if it is not itself open sourced.
But, if you choose the open-source alternative, you might find that some functionality are missing.
The following is a list of the fantastic features that VNC Viewer offers:
- Connects to all popular desktop operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux and also to Raspberry Pi.
- Connects to computers using open-source VNC or third-party VNC-compatible software like TightVNC, Apple Screen Sharing, etc.
- Provides backup and sync connection details using the RealVNC s cloud account.
- Supports Bluetooth keyboards and mices for easy control on mobile devices.
- Offers multiple authentication schemes to prevent unauthorized access.
- Encrypt whole connections to prevent eavesdropping by malicious entities.
- Blacklists the users failing authentication to prevent attacks and port scan.
- Avails online documentation as well as support through chat and email.
- Offers cloud-only, free subscription of VNC Connect for home users.
VNC Viewer falls short in a number of areas when compared to others, including:
- Can t connect to mobile platforms.
- Costs premium price for its VNC Connect to business users .
- Doesn t support file transfer feature to/from free home subscription and using Android, iOS and Chrome-powered devices.
The ideal tool to use while working remotely on a Windows machine from an Android mobile device is Microsoft Remote Desktop.
As long as the distant system runs Windows and you know how to set up Remote Desktop, no software installation is required. If not, all you have to do is install Remote Desktop Assistant, which takes care of everything.
an an an an an a……………. Although the tool is not compatible with any other platforms, it nevertheless works flawlessly to remotely control a Windows PC.
It is jam-packed with fundamental capabilities like shared clipboards but lacks more sophisticated ones like file transfer, chat, phone calls, etc. that are provided by competitors.
The Microsoft Remote Desktop client has the following top features:
- Connect to Windows OS for desktops and servers only.
- Rich multi-touch experience supporting Windows gestures using RemoteFX.
- Access to remote resources like printers using Remote Desktop Gateway (the same need to be configured on your network).
- Access to local storage of Android from the remote Windows applications.
- Secure connection to the remote computer using Network Layer Authentication.
- High quality audio and video support using advanced bandwidth compression.
- Comes for free for everyone though some features are only for enterprise users.
Microsoft Remote Desktop falls short in areas like:
- Can t connect to other opertating systems than Windows.
- Proprietary technology that can t connect to Windows 10 Home.
Chrome Remote Desktop is a special browser extension for Google Chrome that enables easy and safe access to a PC, Mac, or Linux desktop from any Android smartphone.
Using simply the Google Chrome browser and a variety of operating systems, this enables any Chrome user to provide remote support or access a distant machine over the Internet.
Chrome Remote Desktop is the ideal remote control solution if you adore everything Google and need it. If you want to set up remote control in your company, Chrome Remote Desktop can help since it is the only multi-platform tool that is free for business usage (unlike all the other options on this list).
The following are some of Chrome Remote Desktop’s most intriguing features:
- Connect to Windows, macOS and Linux desktops.
- One-time authentication code to share with or get access.
- Able to set up screen sharing as well as remote assistance.
- Manage saved session or connection details at a single place.
- Streams audio and supports functional copy-paste for Windows.
- Encrypted sessions using Chrome s SSL features including AES.
- Free to install and use for personal as well as commercial work.
Many of Chrome Remote Desktop’s drawbacks include:
- Can t access local storage or resources in remote apps.
- Doesn t support file transfer for every platform.
5. Splashtop 2
Splashtop is the last but certainly not least. It is a safe remote control application that allows complete access to all programmes, multimedia files, games, and other content on the remote computer.
Using its Splashtop Streamer on the distant computer, it is simple to set up a remote control connection.
The ideal option for you if you’re seeking for a local network solution is Splashtop. Even though the online remote control is only available to subscribers with a premium plan, the features make it worthwhile to test out on local connections.
Music and media stored on your computer are accessible and streamable from mobile devices.
Splashtop’s distinguishing characteristics are:
- Connects to Windows and MacOS platforms only.
- Connects from various devices including Kindle Fire and Windows Phone.
- High definition audio and video streaming on the remote connections.
- Strong encryption including logging, audit trails and multi-level passwords.
- Business features include file transfer, remote print, chat and multi-user access.
- Free for use on the local network to access your computer from another room.
There are several drawbacks to SplashTop as well, such as:
- No free option to access your home computer from anywhere using Internet.
- Can t connect to Linux systems.
For personal use, TeamViewer comes highly recommended because it’s simple to use, offers screen sharing, remote control, and more.
Chrome Remote Desktop is useful for setting up remote help or control on computers without admin or root capabilities because it doesn’t require any programme installation.
Last but not least, Windows Remote Desktop is for everyone utilising Windows and having minimal remote control needs.
|Connect to||Chat and VoIP||Transfer files||Encrypts session||Free for|
|TeamViewer||Windows, macOS, Linux, Chrome OS||Yes||Yes||Yes||Personal use|
|VNC Viewer||Windows, macOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi||No||No||Yes||Personal use|
|Microsoft Remote Desktop||Windows||No||Yes||Yes||Personal & commercial use|
|Chrome Remote Desktop||Windows, macOS, Linux||No||No||Yes||Personal & commercial use|
|Splashtop 2||Windows, macOS||No||No||Yes||Personal use|
Below is a table listing all of the aforementioned apps along with any features they do or do not have for the readers’ better understanding.